The crew of Ghost is at again as the fourth season of Star Wars Rebels heads back to television after a brief hiatus after only having aired nine episodes into season four late last year. The following two episodes aired this past Monday and boy did episode ten hold a pivotal moment for the entire series that left fans in tears.
Rian Johnson has brought forth his vision for the eighth installment of the Skywalker Saga, Star Wars: The Last Jedi. The franchise has always been rather divisive but this movie has our fellow fans even more split on the state of the galaxy. What follows is our extensive break-down of the movie, the chances it took, and whether it worked or not. If you haven’t seen this movie, please do yourself a favor and take a trip to the theater before listening in on this SPOILER-HEAVY episode of The Space Dragon Podcast. You have been warned!
It’s the holidays! What better way to spend the season then with Krampus composer Douglas Pipes! Douglas shares some of his horror score inspirations and fills us in on what he has been up to, along with what is next for the legendary film composer. Also joining us this month is Mac Beauvais, co-writer/creator for the Werewolf mini series Typecast! Did you make your season too bright? Come hide in the darkness with us this Christmas.
LIVE IN PERSON: This was a very exciting one to record. We cover a load of stuff going on currently in fandom and think you’ll probably dig at least a handful of these topics.
- Rian Johnson getting his own Star Wars trilogy
- Dark Universe officially canned
- Disney and the future of streaming Marvel content
- Thor: Ragnarok What did we think?
- Amazon creating a LOTR series
- Stranger Things 2 better than the first?
- Xbox One X console gaming evolved
- Assassin’s Creed Origins a return to form
- Overwatch’s Moira is weebtastic
- Last of Us 2 looks even more gut-wrenching
- Battlefront 2 and the most down-voted Reddit comment
I will note, EA has recently removed the option to buy crystals since this episode was recorded. But will they be back? EA’s statement still states that this is a “temporary” move. We’ll have more info on this and all you geeky news to come. Also a friendly reminder to follow us on all social outlets! (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
Like Randy Quaid in Independence Day, Weeeee’re baaaaaacccckkk! Despite Hurricane Irma and a handful of other annoyances, the guys are here to bring you their thoughts on some things that have been going on in the nerd world over the summer. Our resident Horror Guy tells the guys his expert opinion on the newest cinematic iteration of Stephen King’s IT. Lee comes out of his hidey hole to confess his love for Bungie’s Destiny 2 and how it compares to the previous release. And do you like pirates and dinosaurs? Seamus will give you the low down on the newest Magic The Gathering offerings. All this and a whole lot more in the return of your favorite intergalactic trio!
Star Trek: Discovery
Rick and Morty
Star Wars Episode IX
Rocket League Fall Update
First appeared on Geek.com
It’s almost time for monsters & spirits to run amok (amok-amok-amok) around the land of the living! Why not prepare yourself with some horror radio! This month we discuss a little horror film that hit theaters called IT. I also take a look at all the horror television series coming back this October, review Halloween Horror Nights 27 in Orlando Florida and tons of other treats for your goodie bag. But the main star this month is Waxwork Records Co-owner Kevin Bergeron! He’s he to share a bit about the companies new venture into comics. We also talk vinyl and discuss some future exclusives that could be on the way. Trick or treat!
For the second year in a row the fine folks at Tampa Bay Comic Con gave us a panel slot, and we decided to record it in it’s entirety for you! If you happened to miss these fine gentlemen wax poetic about nerd stuff LIVE this time around, here’s everything we covered:
- Game Of Thrones, our take on the 7th season so far [spoilers; skip to 4:25]
- Stranger Things, season 2 trailer released
- Thor: Ragnarok, early reactions
- Justice League, relying too heavily on success of Wonder Woman?
- Ready Player One, how did this even get funded?
- Spider-Man: Homecoming, our mini-review
- Overwatch, Doomfist is badass
- Destiny 2, Lee talks the beta
- Anthem, Destiny: Me too?
- Kingdom Hearts 3, and we made someone rage quit the panel
A huge thank you to everyone at TBCC and those who attended and made our panel possible. Fingers crossed for next year!
First appeared on Geek.com
This month we’re looking into the Halloween Special crystal ball! I’m talking about shows that are green lit for this October, and the ones that never even made it off the ground. Plus Gutter Magic creator Richard Douek is on talking about the continuation of his series and how you can help. I call out the term “post Horror” that has been getting thrown around lately and top spooks streaming right to your television this month!
We’ve finally hit that magical number synonymous with legally drinking, and just in time to celebrate Independence Day. Welcome to episode 21!
Best for WEB
Best for MOBILE
This episode of The Space Dragon Podcast contains the following subject matter and in no particular order:
- Jetson’s live-action television adaptation to be produced by Robert Zemeckis
- Netflix’s Castlevania series release and producer Adi Shankar
- Game Of Thrones returns
- Rick and Morty NEW season and ties to Rocket League Anniversary Update
- WEEBcast featuring FLCL 2 and 3
- Neill Blomkamp and Oats Studios
- RDJ wrestles with the timing of his departure from the MCU
- Keenan and Lee discuss Power Rangers (2017)
- Impromptu PROPS & SLOPS: Summer Cinema Edition
- Incoming DLC for Diablo 3 and Breath Of The Wild
- Doomfist’s is Inevitable and Overwatch’s lootboxes get a fix
- GDQ, as always, is incredible
It’s like TV Guides Cheers & Jeers section. ….Remember TV Guide? No? Whatever.